Saturday, January 22, 2011

Is the Internet Changing the Way You Think? Edited by John Brockman

Is the Internet Changing the Way You Think?: The Net's Impact on Our Minds and FutureIs the Internet Changing the Way You Think?: The Net's Impact on Our Minds and Future by John Brockman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the kind of book you would put in the bathroom. The question was asked, "Is the Internet Changing the Way You Think?" but could just as easily asked, "How is the internet changing the way you think?" Philosophers, scientists, professors, authors, psychologists, sociologists, and plain old smarty-pants answered this question. A hundred plus articles comprise this book with the answer to this question. Some of them are dry. Some of them completely fascinating. All of their answers are unique and give the reader a different perspective. I can not summarize the opinions as they are vast and varied but the answer is, yes, the internet is changing the way we think just as television changed the way we think.

Like I said, put it in the bathroom and read an opinion every day. Mull it over, talk it over with friends or co-workers, return tomorrow and have a different perspective for the break room. People will find you ingenious.

2 comments:

Sophie said...

You know, my family and I were just talking about this at the dinner table yesterday. The internet really has changed thing for the really young gen and the way they do things-- even as young as they are.

Going to look for this book!

Please help me win a dream trip to Australia and LIKE my photo on Facebook!

CountessLaurie said...

The internet has changed my thinking. I don't anymore. I just google it.